Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any frensh guy here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

helloes,

if everything goes allright, i should be continuing my mechatronics studies in france begining from the next year.

i speak french fluently, but some technical terms are missing from my vocabulary.

If you are in the mechanics/electronics field and speak french. please assist me. thanks

oui j'parles francais, au fait ma mere est francaise et mon pere est egyptien et je suis parfaitment francophone, mais comme je l'ai dit, il me manques quelques termes.. par example.. dans une voiture comment qu'on appel "the crank shaft?" ou tout simplement, "shaft" ca se dit comment en francais?

ceci n'est qu'un example... merci beacoup

Merde alors! Qu'est que c'est ce "frensh guy"??

Je pense que tu veut dire "Any French guys here?"

JimB

Edit, crankshaft in French is (if I can remember the spelling) "Vilbrequin", and camshaft is "arbre a cammes". I remember these terms from a visit to the Bugatti museum in Mulhouse about 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Bonne Jore. Some people in Canada speak French, but not me.

audioguru said:
Bonne Jore. Some people in Canada speak French, but not me.

yes!! i listen a lot to canadian french singers like : Roch Voisin, Garou, Isabelle Boulay......

okay, alors voila un petit bazard de mots... bonne chance et merci!

Carden Shaft = ?
2 stroke engine = moteur a 2 temps ( correct ?)
expansion stroke =
Exhaust =
suction stroke =
Spark plug =
Compression Ignition engine =
Valve timing =
compression ratio = rapport de compression ?
Electric Cut-outs =
Tachometer = Tachymetre.. ?
reverse engineering = ?

ca va suffire pour cette matinée!

merci bien

2 stroke engine = moteur a 2 temps
Exhaust = échappement
Spark plug = bougie
Valve timing = synchronisation de soupape
compression ratio = rapport de compression
Tachometer = Tachymetre

sorry. I can help you only with this words.
Any electronic ones, I'll be happy to help you more.

These are ENGLISH forums, and posts in foreign languages are NOT allowed, usually they well be promptly deleted - however, as this is the ****-Chat forum, and I have a vague smattering of French from school 35 years ago, I've not deleted it YET!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
These are ENGLISH forums, and posts in foreign languages are NOT allowed, usually they well be promptly deleted - however, as this is the ****-Chat forum, and I have a vague smattering of French from school 35 years ago, I've not deleted it YET!.

ooops.. i didn't know it wasn't allowed, nor did i mean any offense..

I'll switch to private messages. If you want to delete this thread, go ahead, i understand (i know you were not waiting for my authorisation to delete it! lol.. :D )

They are talking about mechanics in French.
I thought this is an electronics for English-speaking people forum.

audioguru said:
They are talking about mechanics in French.
I thought this is an electronics for English-speaking people forum.

come on guys! i didn't commit a crime! :D and anyway, i said i would switch to private messages... okay, no french anymore!

and after all, what's wrong about mechanics in the ****-chat forum?

****-Chat: Relax for a bit and have a general conversation (off topic is allowed!) with other members. Please be polite and respect your fellow members.

You will probably get more help in English as well. :)

Also, Nigel mentioned it is ****-chat, so mechanic talk is allowed. But the forums are English.

And far as the crime for this this, maybe punishment is typing all day today with just the left hand. :D Of course it might be 11:58PM where you live.

mramos1 said:
You will probably get more help in English as well. :)

Also, Nigel mentioned it is ****-chat, so mechanic talk is allowed. But the forums are English.

And far as the crime for this this, maybe punishment is typing all day today with just the left hand. :D Of course it might be 11:58PM where you live.

nopes! it's still 5:04 pm... :( still lot of hours typing with the left hand! what a pnishment! looooooooooolllllllllllllll :D...

it took me 10 minutes to write this!!

watch you'r back mramos, next time you do a mistake, i'll be telling you ur punishment! :D

ikalogic said:
nopes! it's still 5:04 pm... :( still lot of hours typing with the left hand! what a pnishment! looooooooooolllllllllllllll :D...

it took me 10 minutes to write this!!

watch you'r back mramos, next time you do a mistake, i'll be telling you ur punishment! :D

I would be typing with one toe by now, just today. :D

Will change my tag line to Master of Mistakes. Well, off to play with my new miriatic acid and new 14" band saw :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back