Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any DSP expert here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

french_student

Hi,

I'm in placement now and i must realise a lightning detector based around a DSP. I have some knowledges about that kind of microprocessor, but my issue is that i don't know which DSP and which developpement board i must buy? In fact, the DSP must cost less than 50 Euros (sorry but i'm french so i talk in euros) and the developpement board the most cheap it can be. I saw that the ADDS-2106X-EZLITE is not expensive but the DSP ADSP-21061 costs more than 50 Euros (73.8)! Of course i want good performance but i think i won't do anything really hard, so can anyone give me advice?

Thanks.

I don't know for the moment how i will detect lightning. But the DSP will be used to treat the signal coming from the reception antenna.

I've just had a TMS320VC5402 dsp and its dsk card. I'm going to make some tests with this.

Since lightning is like an impulse it broadcasts at all frequencies. A simple AM radio will pick up lightning strikes even at great distances. The lighting produces spikes on the AM signal. It shouldn't be too hard to detect these spikes with your DSP and a simple cheap AM radio.

Hope this helps

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back