Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any Active Low MOSFET Switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mansoor7777

I need a high side switch similar to FDC6323L but which turns on when ON/OFF is low (0 V) and stays off when ON/OFF is high (or Open). I searched for them on digikey but could not find them (there are several thousands of them and the few I checked were all like FDC6323L).
Does anyone know of one such switch? I would like to avoid general purpose MOSFETs and stick with switches that are meant for that purpose.

Best Regards

If you can't find exactly what you want, take look at this,
**broken link removed**

... a high side n-channel mosfet driver .... you would have to supply the external mosfet though.

I didn't completely understand the graphical icon for the external mosfet in the maxim MAX1614 datasheet...
The chip description implies that it is an n channel enhanced mosfet, but the drawing doesn't exactly comply with standard depiction of enhanced n-channel mosfets ....

I need a high side switch similar to FDC6323L but which turns on when ON/OFF is low (0 V) and stays off when ON/OFF is high (or Open). I searched for them on digikey but could not find them (there are several thousands of them and the few I checked were all like FDC6323L).
Does anyone know of one such switch? I would like to avoid general purpose MOSFETs and stick with switches that are meant for that purpose.

Best Regards

Why not use a depletion mode MOSFET? They are normally on when their gates are at 0V.

Aww, just use a P-channel mosfet. Turns on when you bring it to ground, goes off when you send it high (positive rail). Just like you want.

I would like to avoid general purpose MOSFETs and stick with switches that are meant for that purpose.

That purpose is what a P-channel mosfet is meant for.

I think he doesn't want to have to deal with the gate drive, which he may still have to do with a P-channel under some circumstances (like the primary voltage exceeding the gate voltage).

Last edited:
I think he needs to splash a shot of Jack Daniels on the solder sponge and attack that son of a ***** with a soldering iron. Stop looking for some wussy chips and straight hardwire P-channel MOSFETS into it. Cuss a bit, pound your fist on the bench and MAKE make those damn electrons go the right way round the circuit. This is how a real man deals with high-side driver issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back