Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anti-static Tubes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidey-ho neighbors!
Does anyone know where I can get the anti-static tubes that chips come in? They have a trapezoid shape (in cross section) and are treated with who knows what to make them static-dissipative. I need to find the kind that a 14- or 16-pin DIP chip will fit. Thanks.

ps.--You might be interested in this site for electronics industry news:

https://www.electronicstalk.com

Hoy many do you need? Just a couple or a bunch of 'em? Also, I don't know what the shipping to Uranus is gonna cost... and overnight delivery is probably out of the question... :lol:
JB

Ah, no problem, UPS will ship anywhere. Next day for bussinesses.

Seriously though, couldn't you just push the ICs into a bit of foam/polystyrene etc (to stop the legs from getting damaged) and put the whole lot in an antistatic bag (the sort that computer graphics cards come in - i've hundreds of the things lying around)

Grrr, I've got loads of the bags lying around, too. I keep meaning to put them on eBay.
CKD, If you really must have the tubes and you have a company who does contract manufacturing of PCB assemblys in the area, you might want to contact them. If they do thru-hole assembly work with IC's, they probably get tons (or is that tonnes? 8) ) of them and they probably just throw them away. They might just give you as many as you want.
JB

Hi,
Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. I don't want to use the foam because in the long run it's a LOT more expensive. Tubes are way more convenient, too.

Thanks for the info and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back