Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna Matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Most Helpful Member
I built this TV re-transmitter. It takes the output from a VCR or such and retransmits it. It works good with the 75 ohm dummy load (good picture and sound, nice 66 Mhz. sine wave output) but when I attach it to a simple dipole antenna the output is distorted and I can't pick up the signal on the TV. I think it's because I can't tune it to the antenna???? Any ideas.

Attachments

• tv.PNG
    tv.PNG
    42.2 KB · Views: 154
More likely, the reflected impedance from the antenna pulls the oscillator off frequency.

What is the length of the dipole? Here's a dipole impedance calulator to help you determine the proper size.

Use 75 ohm coax and do the open air loops as suggested by the link in post #3. Thay well help reduce reflectoins.
Andy

Thanks for all the tips!

I think I may not have made the antenna length as colse as I might have - I used 66 Mhz. for channel 4. I should have used 69 for the center of it.
The balun may also help.
I think the layout is okay but I will keep the resistors in my back pocket if the others don't fix it.
I was afraid I had made a basic mistake - maybe it will work after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back