Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna Mast on a communications tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sram

Hi to all. We have this communications tower that is 20 meters above ground which we would like to use to install a FM antenna. However, we want higher altitude. Is there any masts with a base that can be wielded to the tower in the top part of it to gain more height? I don't know if you get the idea, but instead of using a mast on a trailor, we'd like to take advantage of the already existing tower. I thought there might be some mini-tower --lets say-- than can be installed on the big tower to gain more height for in favor for one antenna.

I there is something like this, please direct me to it.

Thanks.

I would suggest you first google up " Dipoles" . You could run one from the tower to ground at 45 degrees facing the station direction with the active side at the top . Cut the diploe length accurately to the frequency you desire and it will do much better than a vertical up at the high height ,usually, and is very easy to make and install.

So if you don't want to do that . Fix the new antenna to a length of aluminium or steel water pipe and bolt that to the top of the tower securely.You can attach your feeder first and gradualy slide the pipe to the height you want.

Note though that any addition of metal or cable to an existing antenna will affect it in some way . It may amplify both signals if you are generally lucky in Lotto or gameing.

Generally though some small decrease in signal occurs simply because the reactance around the antennas has changed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back