Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

antenna input voltage amplification @433MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

micael

Hi,
Is there a way to amplify the input voltage from an antenna that receives 433MHz signal, using opamps i.e TLV2402 or 741?

Does anyone knows a place in UK were its possible to buy Linear RF Power Amplifier ?

In the first question - if you are asking if you can amplify the signals received by an antenna the answer is yes and it is called a pre-amplifier. If you want to increase the power going out of the antenna then Nigel's answers apply.

An old 741 opamp can deliver full output at frequencies lower than only 9kHz.

Hi micael. Have a look at this: https://www.linxtechnologies.com/in...ts&category=rf_modules&subcategory=bba_series

It's the BBA-332.

I used this little pre-amp in a 900MHZ analog mic project, and it more than doubled the range. It has a +20dB gain and a gain flatness of +-2dB from 100MHZ to 2GHZ, so it should work well with 433MHZ.

Although I'm not sure exactly how impedance matching works in regards to antennas and rx/tx, it has a 50 ohm input and output.

It's about $10 on digikey. and best of all, it can't get much simpler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back