Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna for HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a narrowband design, but it can be broadened by using large diameter elements or even triangular sheets of metal. It's very difficult to calculate the performances of different frequency antennas connected together.

If channel 5 is your worst signal, then an antenna cut for 692 might work pretty well. Another worthy experiment might be to build one at 3x the size (3/2 wavelength instead of 1/2).

One 4 bay or 4 element antenna is the same as one Channel Master 4228 antenna.

Two 4 bay antennas connected together are the same as 2 Channel Master 4228 antennas connected together.

If a Channel Master 4228 is a good TV antenna then I don't see the difference between it and the one shown in the Amateur Radio Book???

Here is an antenna called the Super Quad, photo, drawing, performance graph too. **broken link removed** From the information shown it looks like a good UHF antenna for channel 14 to 51

Last edited:
Why don't you just buy an aerial? - commercial ones are carefully designed and constructed - making your own (particularly a wideband one) isn't likely to work as well.

Why don't you just buy an aerial? - commercial ones are carefully designed and constructed - making your own (particularly a wideband one) isn't likely to work as well.

It would be logical to buy one but it is a lot more fun to build one. I am retired and I am having a lot of fun and learning some good stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back