Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssylee

I have wound a coil of laquered copper wire to be used as an antenna for a RFID reader that I'm building. However, I would like to add modularity to the connectors. There are quite a few connectors available out there. I'm just not sure which ones would you recommend in general as well as which ones are the most common connectors to use. Thanks.

I have wound a coil of laquered copper wire to be used as an antenna for a RFID reader that I'm building. However, I would like to add modularity to the connectors. There are quite a few connectors available out there. I'm just not sure which ones would you recommend in general as well as which ones are the most common connectors to use. Thanks.

There are several common RF connector series, however for best prices and avaliblity I would suggest you stick with the following two:

For smaller footprint but slightly more in costs:

SMA connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otherwise the ago old BNC series is cheap and plentiful

BNC connector - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lefty

And if you want to keep it on the cheap, the standard "F" connector fills the bill. Some connectors will be easier than others for attaching components vs. coaxial cable. If the coil is a close part of the circuit, you can use cheap square pins and simple sockets with epoxy to help with the strain relief of wires. I use square pin connectors a lot.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back