Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another what is it picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy1845c

Well, you folks helped me with my VFD and reed switch pictures. How about these guys....

They hail from a modern stereo receiver, but I have a bunch on a TV board too. they have 6 pins on the bottom, 4 together and 2 together. The blue ones are about an inch square, and the black one is a little smaller.

I thought mabey some type of relay, but I can't find a data sheet or anthing for them.

Attachments

• blue things2.jpg
    blue things2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 165
I dirty keyboard, DURACELL battery, some wire, a glass it looks like and some relays sitting on the keyboard.

yeah, the fluorescent desk lamp did an awsome job of accenting the dirt in my keyboard;)

Thanks for the ID on the parts though. I can't quite tell from the data sheet how to hook one up though. Is that a resistor between the 2 pins on the end opposite the 4 pins?

Last edited:
And I thought my keyboard was bad! Those dust bunnies look like they're reaching out for the camera almost. Oh the relays right =) You'll get relays like that off of a huge variety of consumer electronics. I rip everyone I can find off, never know when you'll need a relay.

I think that datasheet is for a different relay.

You don't need a datasheet, though. You can figure it out pretty easily:
- find the coil pins. you will find a resistance of less than several hundred ohms between them. note the measurement and use ohms law to determine current.
- you can figure out which pins go to NC contacts.
- operate the relay to determine the common pin(s).

Relays. . .

If you get any other parts you're not sure of, and they got a reference number on them. . . Go here : http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/
Type in the reference and it will probably tell you what it is, pin-outs, voltage etc etc etc

Last edited:
If you do as Philba says, start with the two pin on the one end, probably the coil. Then you have the volts on top, power them on and off and find the contact with the same ohm meter.

Also, so you know, but keyboards are no prize either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back