Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another touch switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

twist2b

So I see complicated switches, and easy cheesy switches :p

Simple Toggle Touch Switch Using Two Inverter Gates | Free Circuit Diagram

SO I thought this was genius for simplicity.
Though wondering how well it would work.

What I am looking for:

I need an ON/OFF for each time you touch it. Touch let go... on... touch let go... off. I have seen way to many schematics that just turn on WHILE your touching it.

My project is connected to 120VAC so I am looking for continuous red LED while its off. Then when it turns on the red LED turns off.

My HOPE was to be able to use a clear plastic with LEd behind it and the plastic IS the material you touch.

Looking around google shows flip-flops as a popular option....
So many freakin ways to do it, its so hard to decide the best path to take, so just asking for some advice.

Thanks.

Latching push button momentary. Old AT power supplies used them as power switch for mains voltage so if you can find an old AT power supply it'll have one attached. I have a few in my parts bin. You can buy them from a site Digikey.com for spare change.

Last edited:
Latching push button momentary. Old AT power supplies used them as power switch for mains voltage so if you can find an old AT power supply it'll have one attached. I have a few in my parts bin. You can buy them from a site Digikey.com for spare change.

No, I have built many latching switches... thats not hard....
I just want to have a TOUCH controlled switch.

The touch circuit looks solid enough, for a touch switch. Did you build it yet? Should take a matter of minutes to build.

twistb last time I checked a button was a 'touch' I didn't take a look at your touch sensor circuit you need to be a little more specific =) If you want to latch the button output you can feed the input into a flip flop. That touch sensors is going to rely on slightly moist fingers and won't work with gloves or any non conductive touch. Very dry skin might not trigger it.

I think that static electricity from a finger will destroy the first inverter that has no protection.

The circuit will not work if a person has very dry skin or is wearing gloves.

Is that what the 1n cap to ground is for is static protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back