Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

another quick eagle question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrogers

hi all, I've just hit drop thinking it would drop onto my board layout but its dropped from the library i think!

how do i get it back?

cheers!

Hi Dan,

what is "it"? and what do you think you did to "it"?

Boncuk

I think you are talking about that you drop a library part of eagle by clicking on "Drop" button instead of clicking ok.

No problem go to "control panel" window(main eagle window) right click on "Libraries" new box will appear with some options. Click "Use all", Problem solved, you will get back all the libraries or parts those you droped.

I did the same when i started to learn eagle for the the first time.

hi bonuk and yafch, thanks i think ive got them back, it was some led's!

one other thing thats bugging me a little, I've got some press and peel paper to start off with. Obviously its not as cheap as magazine paper or anything like that so i want to try and get the most out of the a4 sheets. The pcb's that i want to etch are only about 80x30m so i can get quite a few out of one sheet..

If i print direct from eagle which i would like to do to avoid any scaling issues, i will just get the one image in the centre, or i could copy the layout in the program and print of a few as one, but as im using the freeware license, it will only allow around 3 to fit on the availble space :(

what would you do in this situation? I thought about exporting as pdf, then loading that in photoshop and copying the image that way but i tryed it and im not sure how to set up the exact size for a4 and things like that?

any advice would be much appreciated :)

The pcb's that i want to etch are only about 80x30m

That's about one third of a soccer ground. :D

If i print direct from eagle which i would like to do to avoid any scaling issues, i will just get the one image in the centre, or i could copy the layout in the program and print of a few as one, but as im using the freeware license, it will only allow around 3 to fit on the availble space :(

what would you do in this situation? I thought about exporting as pdf, then loading that in photoshop and copying the image that way but i tryed it and im not sure how to set up the exact size for a4 and things like that?

any advice would be much appreciated :)

Eagle standard setting for printing is X/Y center/center. Select "page" and there select top, bottom, left and right and set the border (standard setting ~5mm). Test print on normal paper using the smallest border, e.g. 2mm and adjust border setting if necessary.

Keep the setting and print on the press and peel material.

Don't play around with exporting and resizing the PCB layout. It will very likely end in a desastrous layout print, not to scale and additionally fuzzy traces.

Instead use the printer settings Eagle offers to print a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) image on the transfer material.

Boncuk

haha i missed an M off the end :)

so what you mean is to move the image around on the paper and put it through more than once to end up with the paper filled?

thanks bro

haha i missed an M off the end :)

so what you mean is to move the image around on the paper and put it through more than once to end up with the paper filled?

thanks bro

I guess you wanted to save as much as possible using transfer film/paper. Place the PCB layout for best results. Addionally to moving the image over the page (activate preview) you might rotate it.

If you want to create multiple PCBs of the same design you must copy the board and save it with a different name than the original board. Then copy and paste it until it fills a full page.

Boncuk

Attachments

• center..gif
    center..gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 152
  • bottom-right..gif
    bottom-right..gif
    17 KB · Views: 156
that makes sense now thanks, using that alignment i should be able 2 put the transfer paper through 6 times so get 6 pcbs out of one sheet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back