Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another question on transient

Status
Not open for further replies.
I_need_help_thanks,

when t<=0, v(t)=100

do i need to calculate the impedance of the circuit when t<0? if yes, how can i do so?

Impedance has nothing to do with your problem. This time I set up and solved the equation with LaPlace transforms.

Ratch

View attachment 63043

Last edited:
thanks for your worked solution.

hi, is there an alternative solution to this problem which does not require the knowledge of laplace transformation?

Hi,

Part of the solution will involve finding the response of the capacitor to the current source of 5 amps with the appropriate resistor value in parallel when the source of 100 volts is shorted out. So see if you can first calculate the voltage response of a capacitor in parallel with a resistor driven by a parallel current source. So you have three things in parallel: A resistor, a current source, and a capacitor. If you can find the response to this (perhaps use Thevenin and/or Norton) you're well on your way to solving this problem in the manner in which you desire. This solution involves superposition too.

Last edited:
INYHT,

hi, is there an alternative solution to this problem which does not require the knowledge of laplace transformation? .

Sure, you can do by the "cookbook" method using universal energizing/de-energizing curves, or write a simple first order differential equation and easily solve it. I illustrate the second method in the image attachment.

Ratch

View attachment 63078

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back