Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another Question About Resistive Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

moahrs

Hi All,

Sorry about my english, I am braziliam, and my english not is good.

I am building a project, but i am not using microcontroler. I am using a 8255, one ADC0804 to convert A/D and 2 CD4066 to receive and send signals to Resistive Touch.

My problem is with send siginals ans read this signals. The logic os OK, but the voltage levels is floating or dont work.

I atached the image about my circuit (I do quickly because I am in my work).

How works (or at least how it should work, rssss). The 8255 send signals to select X or Y (sending +5v to X+ or Y+ and GND to X- or Y-). For this I am using a CD4066 to send this signals clear (I tried use transistor, but the voltage level of 8255, around 3v, was drinving every time the transistor). With CD4066 is WORK, the switch is "ON" or "OFF", this is work, but the exit voltage level when is "OFF" is floating:

Sample: When I select to read Y, switching "ON" and puting +5v in X+ and GND in X-, I switching "OFF" the Y+ and Y-, imagining that these 2 lines was in high impedance, but dont, this 2 lines, Y+ and Y- was around +1v and +2v respective. Is the same with another CD4066 to read the signals ans multiplex for the ADC0804 (wich have only one entrance to convert A/D).

Well, this is my problem. I have tried with 74LS125, same problem with high impendance, transistor, all time driving, I also tried one hammer and saw, but nothing, hehehehe...

Serious, any1 have any idea, or a circuito that work ?

PS: If any think wich I should work with microcontroler, and have circuit and programa for him, I apreciate. I'm not being lazy, but I tried to work with the ADC in 2 pics, 18F2550 and 16F628, and was the worst experience of my life, two weeks dumped's, nothing works.

Ty a lot,
Moacir Jr.

Last edited:
I switching "OFF" the Y+ and Y-, imagining that these 2 lines was in high impedance, but dont, this 2 lines, Y+ and Y- was around +1v and +2v respective.

Voltage is not impedance. The 4066 is in a high impedance state when off, measuring the float voltage does not tell you anything.

Then one more question. This "floating" voltage, dont tell nothing for me, then this "floating" dont will cause any problem in circuit, right ? If I understand, the voltage dont matters, what matters is that high impedance output that will not interfere in the rest system, this is right?

Yes, it is like it is disconnected.

Oh well, tonight I will testing with this information, and tomorrow if all ok, I return in this post to put solved.

ty a lot for help
Moacir Jr.

Oi todo bem,

You have the input/outputs all floating. Try connecting 10 megohm resistors from each input/output to ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back