Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another preamp question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken3983

On July 26,2004, I posted a schematic of a preamp.I built it and worked wonderful when it was connected to a power amp.My question was, if I substituted two Darlington transistors in place of the two NPNs already there, would it give more gain or is it kinda redundant.You can do a SEARCH for the word preamp to find the schematic.

-Ken

ken3983 said:
On July 26,2004, I posted a schematic of a preamp.I built it and worked wonderful when it was connected to a power amp.My question was, if I substituted two Darlington transistors in place of the two NPNs already there, would it give more gain or is it kinda redundant.You can do a SEARCH for the word preamp to find the schematic.

Interesting idea!.

It's certainly not something I'd try, but I don't really know what effect it would have?.

The circuit has 100% DC negative feedback, so the DC balance would probably compensate - but there's no AC negative feedback at all.

I suspect it may just become too unstable or too noisey, I certainly wouldn't consider it a practical proposition - even replacing just one of the transistors with a darlington would probably make the circuit unusable.

If you've got a darlington handy, try popping it in, and let us know what happens!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back