Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another PCB review

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorGnet

I wanted to get some input on another PCB we are about to etch. This is a basic LED test board that we want to make for our lightbar projects. As you can see, it is a 16F628a with 2N2222 transistors and 100ohm resistors. The power source will either be a 12v wart or a 9v battery.

**broken link removed**

programming header for the pic? I know you can just socket it, but it just makes life easier. Also, you said 'our' projects, this implies you are a company, so if you plan on getting these PCB's manufactured in bulk, you might want to reduce its size down to decrease costs (you pay for the area). Other than that, don't see anything wrong with it :)

We are a small company but this board will only be used around the shop. I might add the programmer header, didn't think of that. I might replace the DIP socket with a ZIF though. I also added a push button header to it after I posted this.

Hi Gator,

this is my design. Board size is 3.3X2.6750".

Note that Vin trace has been moved to force filtered voltage from the electrolytic cap to the 7805 input pin. I also added two 100nF caps from Vin and Vout to ground to avoid oscillations.

Also a decoupling cap (second electrolytic cap) doesn't do much when connected "behind" the IC to supply. I moved it in "front" of the PIC.

Finally I added an ICSP connector.

According to the trace width - guessing you used 0.05 inches (1.27mm) - the LED current must be settled at high amperage range.

I suggest to use ground fill when the board design is finished. (Saves etchant and is good for environmental reasons)

Regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• PIC-LED-PCB..gif
    PIC-LED-PCB..gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 203
  • PIC-LED-FIL..gif
    PIC-LED-FIL..gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads