Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another 30 year old part to ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt Fox Fire

This one is a stumper but here it goes. I'm sure it's an old motorola part but I cannot, or not sure, how to ID the collector, Base, and Emitter. If that's even what is on it. Here is the part. I tried to reimage the part on the scanner and get as close as I can to a part #.

**broken link removed**

Like any good way to start to ID a part, I used an old radio shack digital multimeter and here it goes based on the numers.

On the Diode check, I only had a reaction from two checks:

+1 -3 = .527
+2 -3 = .526

All other combinations had no results

For kicks I checked resistance.

+1 -3 = 16.08 ohms
+2 -3 = 11.44 ohms

I get a suspicion that #3 is the base but I'm not sure. Any ideas? I'm looking on line for the part and it's very difficult to locate.

On the picture it looks to me like it says MJE101. I found a cross-reference for it here: **broken link removed**.

I don't know for sure that it's an MJE101, but google it and see what you think.

Torben

Beautimus!

I presumed there would be a "newer" part or some equivalent part replacement.

Thank you for putting the time and effort into looking up the part.

I wish I could have got a hold of Brad years ago for some parts list but this way makes it all the more fun.

Time to do some pdf reading!

Lt Fox Fire said:
I presumed there would be a "newer" part or some equivalent part replacement.

Not sure what you mean. That link I posted was to a list of replacement parts, one of which is available here.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back