Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Annoying Ps2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Jones

At my house we have a Ps2 that isn't working properly. It gets dark on the screen, makes buzzing noises and there are always lines, especially when you play movies. Also, the controller stops working at times, so then you just die in the game. I want to fix this thing, and I want to fix it cheaply. Can you help?

The PS2 laser deck is known for having it's share of problems and therefore many of them get replaced. You can buy just the laser assy. module or for a couple more $$ you get the whole transport that aligned and easier and faster to replace than just the module. MCM Electronics sells the parts and a complete laser assy. deck is priced around $36 US. Your problem may be the laser deck. The other area of concern is the power supply failing, especially when there are multiple symptoms as you mention. just a couple of suggestions to start troubleshooting from. I'd check into the power supply first.

My son has a broken PS2 console that needs a $36 + shipping laser deck module. I found a working PS2 at a rummage sale complete with controllers and 2 games for $20. I should've bought it at the time since now he wants to play some of his PS2 games when he gets bored with the XBox games--- go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back