Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anemometer & Speedometer sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkizZO

Hi guys, i want to build a LOW COST anemometer.

I have dismantled an old Hard Disk, and i've made 3 holes on the side of the central axis of the drive (sorry for my english!), to screw the 3 lives.
The cups are from olds plastic eggs from Egg's day.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I've spent €0.60 until now, to buy the lives.

Now the problem: I have a cyclocomputer (5 yo) and doesn't have the sensor.
I hope the sensor works with the hall effect, it has 2 contacts on the rear side, and they emit a small tension;

i don't know how to build a sensor or how i can procurate it (in an elecronic shop, i've said: give me a FET Transistor and they did not know what it was...)

**broken link removed**

Please give me an hand!

Update: making the two pins connected at regular intervals, the computer "detect" the speed :D :D

How i can interrupt the tension with a magnet?

You place a reed relay across the pins. Let the spinner turn a magnet close enough to the reed relay so the contacts close as the magnet passes. You'll probably need a weight to balance the magnet on the shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back