Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

+ and - voltage for a battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markdude

basically Im making a guitar amp for a project and dont know how to get a positive and negative vvoltage probably + or - 12 or + or - 15 v i havnt decided yet.

Does anybody know a way of getting a positive and negative voltage off one smallish battery? I need the + and - for the op amps I am using.

Thanks for any potential help, cheers. Markdude

How much power are you talking about here? Sure it's possible, build or buy yourself a switching power supply. But a "smallish battery" won't last very long driving a speaker, so you'd be looking at using multiple cells, in which case you may as well use something like Chris's picture. If the speaker is small and not very powerful, you could just use two 9V's. Better yet, use a single ended power amplifier like the LM386.

j.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back