Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AND gate array.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amando96

I'm needing a bunch of AND gates, I was wondering if they existed in a form of array, in a DIL package? know what i mean, is there such a thing?
I googled, nothing.

Thanks

I'm needing a bunch of AND gates, I was wondering if they existed in a form of array, in a DIL package? know what i mean, is there such a thing?
I googled, nothing.

Thanks
How many inputs do you want?
There is a quad 2 input #CD4081
There is a triple 3 input #CD4073
Just to name a few

5 Inputs of the array must be ON, so the output is ON, to cause a chip to reset.

If it's just one gate between other ICs you could use a diode and gate.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Please post a schematic.

If it's just one gate between other ICs you could use a diode and gate.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Please post a schematic.

What a pity! The OP wants to make an AND-gate, not an OR-gate.

It really is an AND gate. But floating inputs? Nah!
Most logic gates have floating inputs until you connect something to them.:D
If that was a joke, a smiley would help convey that.

Last edited:
Turn it upside down and back to front and you have an OR gate.
**broken link removed**

The trouble with diode logic is, you can't use it for more than one gate because there's no amplification so the voltage drops by half plus a diode drop every stage. You could get away with two, if use lower value resistors for the first gate than the second but two is the real limit.

There's also no inverting function which requires a transistor.

I like diode logic though and have never needed to use an AND/OR logic IC before, NAND, NOR yes but I've never needed non-inverting ICs and don't think they're very useful so I don't stock them.

I love glue logic though, especially CMOS gates because they're so versatile, even a hex inverter IC has numerous applications, from a metal detector to a PWM controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back