Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analogy explanation of electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Come March 13th & April 10th I am teaching the Boy Scout merit badge for electronics (could include electricity as well) and got to thinking "IS THERE A BETTER EXPLANATION OF CURRENT< VOLTS< RESISTANCE" than the old water hose explanation?
For a project they have to build and explain the parts used. I plan on using my 7 key toy organ I devised last month. The attached schematic is with the addition of Knight Rider LEDs which are not included in project.
All the parts for 15 units w/ shipping =$41
add for copper boards and project comes out at under $5 per.
Lots of drilling unless I stack the boards(blot together then drill)
Anyway any other creative way to explain basic ohms law?? other than the water hose??

Attachments

• cub organ..PNG
    cub organ..PNG
    28.4 KB · Views: 204
The water analogy seems rather good to me. What do you have against it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back