Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog to Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentSA

Hi all

I need a solution to the problem of displaying an analog voltage onto four 7segment displays. I need my voltage of 0 to 9.999V to display as 0 to 9999 on my display.

I had posted previously in this post :
Thread

but I have encounted numorous issues steming from the fact that the IC I intended to use is CMOS. This project of mines requires that I do not use microprocessors. Is there a TTL method of driving four 7seg displays to indicate an analog voltage?

Can someone who is still in touch with the "old school" (non micro) electronics understanding assist me.

Kind Regards,
StudentSA

CMOS in not necessarily a microprocessor. There are many CMOS circuits that are just simple IC logic gates, no different than TTL expect for the logic levels.

CMOS in not necessarily a microprocessor. There are many CMOS circuits that are just simple IC logic gates, no different than TTL expect for the logic levels.

Sorry, I meant that CMOS is a issue for me because all my other circuitory is TTL based. Also CMOS is now not so popular.

Sorry, I meant that CMOS is a issue for me because all my other circuitory is TTL based. Also CMOS is now not so popular.

Hi,
There are a number of CMOS/TTL/CMOS buffers and inverter IC's available.
HEF 4050 and HEF4049

Last edited:
TTL is even less popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back