Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog signal duplication is it possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

egg0900

I am trying to run two microprocessors off of one unit but when the signal is sent to one microprocessor is recieves the data fine, when i hook up the other to recieve the same signal neither one accepts the signal that is sent. Is their a way to duplicate the original signal so both will recieve the signal? Perhaps with transistors or something of that nature? :evil:

I know nothing of microprocessors and the like, but what it sounds like is happening is that when you try and send the signal to two of them, the signal is just too weak. From what you put for your title it sounds like its an analog signal that you want to amplify. I'm not sure what kind of amplification you should use, but just provide some more info like: frequency, voltage, etc. and someone else will tell you what to use.

It sounds like you have an impedance problem.

you say that teh analogue source can source one uP but not two.

Try adding an analogue buffer cct between the analogue signal and the 2 uP. If this still causes a prob give each uP input its own buffer

you could try an op-amp voltage follower - basically showing the input device a very high impedance, and offering a relatively high output impedance for the two devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back