Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog NTSC/PAL Video RF Transmitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Hello. I am not sure how to word my question exactly, but here goes:

THEORY FORM OF THE QUESTION:
Do those RF transmitters for NTSC/PAL video have any specialized workings to work specifically with the NTSC/PAL composite video signals that they are intended for? For example, do they selectively read, extract, and interpret specific parts of the composite video signal (ie. colour burst, sync, timing, etc) that they re-encode for the RF transmission so it can be re-constructed at the receiver? Or do they just blindly transmit the analog signal that appears at the transmitter input and output the same signal at the receiver?

APPLICATION FORM OF THE QUESTION:
Can I frankenstein my own analog video signal and send it properly with one of these transmitters? (ie. For use with a line-scan camera, a camera with manual shutter (which only come with digital outputs, to send single frames at a lower FPS which other hardware will buffer/loop for the display on the receiver side to simulate lower FPS). Nothing fancy...just an analog signal for the luminance in monochrome video.

It's meant to be for a monocopter, but I am being flabbergasted primarily because typical video RF transmission hardware was never meant to be used with manual shutter, digital output camera hardware.

Last edited:
in general, signal is formed well before it reaches RF amplifier. this means modulation, mixing, sideband suppresison etc. whatever you want, happens on small signal. result is then amplified and sent to antenna. analog TV broadcast uses AM for video and FM for audio. the easy way is to use/hack commercial modulator and if needed amplify signal to suit your needs. but if this is going to be on copter, you probably want it to be both small and light. maybe something like this
https://electronics-diy.com/tv-transmitter-2km.php

North America uses high definition digital TV broadcasts today. Old analog NTSC is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back