Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked a number of questions in post #49. You never responded to them. How can you say that you "...explained all questions in your post above three years ago."? How does not responding constitute explaining all questions?

Which 1N4001 diodes are you referring to? The ones you described in post #50? If those are the ones you mean, you said they were "open". When diodes are "open", they don't conduct at all in either direction; how then can they read fine with any Digital Meter, or give any indication at all with any meter?

In post #50 you said:

If the 1N4001 is "open", then no meter, analog or digital will "read fine" on that diode. Yet you say "A YEW reveals it. A Digital Meter does not." If the diode is "open", the YEW would reveal it by giving no reading at all. A digital meter would do the same thing; no reading at all.

Maybe you mean something different by "open" than I do. So, please explain how the YEW reveals an "open" diode. What indication does it give?

By loading the faulty junction with a few ma...it forces it OPEN.
Take some Freezit spray and read the thing a few seconds later. Any Fluke reads OK.

Like I say, I do not have to prove stuff here. I work in a real practical environment. I only ever post what I have been through. And what saves me time. Not here to impress anyone with my "cleverness".

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back