Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog LED (touch) switch - without uP

Status
Not open for further replies.

misiacik7

Hi,

I saw many switches that are using uP and code.

1) Is there a way how to make it analog way? I dont care if there will be 2 led if needed... One as Light source and second as recipient (sensor).

2) It should have two ouputs based on time of being "pressed".
- when i "press" the switch for less then app. 0,5s it should let short signal pass once
- when i hold it more than 0,5s after release it should let let short signal pass second time (one on by pressing and second one on releasing the switch)

Any idea?

Have a look at this collection..https://www.555-timer-circuits.com/

There will be something here for you...

(hint... if you get a dual 555 timer with two different functions)

Last edited:
I'm not clear what the LED is for. If you are just trying to make a touch-switch which generates one short pulse if touched briefly and two short pulses if touched for >0.5s then you don't need an LED at all: you could do this with CMOS logic gates.

Alec

There are well made capacitive touch sense chips that handle static discharge and changes in temperature & humidity. After that, a 555 & some gates or a uC will let you do what you're looking for.

Cypress Semi has a line of uCs that are specifically for touch sense input / process -> output. Their stuff has a learning curve, but it's worth it. You can do functions using their products that take multiple chips otherwise. Good Hunting... <<<)))

Oh yet again... I reread OP only to realize it's sufficient vague to not know if I'm relevant....

Last edited:
Ah....if an ordinary LED is to be used as a light sensor that's a different kettle of fish. The circuit will be quite complex, as it will be necessary to amplify the sensor signal and use modulated light to overcome the effects of background illumination and noise pickup.

Alec

to 4poyros:

you are right... I am looking for panel (touch) switch. Something like "Capacitance touch switch", but done by 2 LEDs. One which will be still on, and the second one used as sensor. The sensor will sense the light reflected from finger, which will be close enough (pressed switch). But I am not familiar with programming uC, therefor I want it "analog" way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back