Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Analog - Digital ?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theron

what signal type does a USB use???????? and idoes a RF remote transmitter use a Digital signal?????

Last edited:
Digital. Yes, but it is should be possible to build one that is not.

Keep in mind that when we use electricity or radio to send digital data we send an analog signal but interpret it as digital when it is received.

Perhaps you need to review analog and digital.

USB is digital.

An RF transmitter may use analog or digital modulation.

SOOO let me ask my first ? agaim I have a gaming controle handle it puts out to a USB port I want to convert that handle to send a siginle to a FR transmitter if the transmitter will read analog and digital couldnt I simply attarcg the usb data out too the transmitters data input ?????? and if not why?

SOOO let me ask my first ? agaim I have a gaming controle handle it puts out to a USB port I want to convert that handle to send a siginle to a FR transmitter if the transmitter will read analog and digital couldnt I simply attarcg the usb data out too the transmitters data input ?????? and if not why?

Because USB is two way, and it's VERY fast - it's not at all a trivial thing to try and do.

Because USB is two way, and it's VERY fast - it's not at all a trivial thing to try and do.

I have decided to build my own ceruit but just in the name curiocity would a converter be fesable? I have read of converters that can slow down or speed up the signal

I have decided to build my own ceruit but just in the name curiocity would a converter be fesable? I have read of converters that can slow down or speed up the signal

How do you think you're going to build it?, you didn't even know if USB was analogue or digital!.

Have you tried google?

Wireless USB Extender

Although I can't guarantee they will work for your application.

How do you think you're going to build it?, you didn't even know if USB was analogue or digital!

WATCH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt know what a line capcitor was or that there is a differance between a line capacitor and a start capcitor
until I studied and asked questions about building three phase power
I didnt know what bridge ment on a semi trailer or how to firgure the structural strength and what happens
to the structural integrety when a 1/4 bend is app;ied at a 45 degree angle to 38 ft section
but after I designed and built a 38ft end dump trailer I did I could go on & on but I wont
I build proto types so Iam always out of my rhelm

And for what its worth I found this web site on GOOGLE IRONIC isnt it GOOD BUY

Have you tried google?

Wireless USB Extender

Although I can't guarantee they will work for your application.[/QUOTE]

How do you think you're going to build it?, you didn't even know if USB was analogue or digital!

WATCH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt know what a line capcitor was or that there is a differance between a line capacitor and a start capcitor
until I studied and asked questions about building three phase power
I didnt know what bridge ment on a semi trailer or how to firgure the structural strength and what happens
to the structural integrety when a 1/4 bend is app;ied at a 45 degree angle to 38 ft section
but after I designed and built a 38ft end dump trailer I did I could go on & on but I wont
I build proto types so Iam always out of my rhelm

Those are all trivial simple things - this isn't!.

Nigel, you underestimate the man...

He is going to build his USB to ??? converter from steel sections and weld it together.
None of this faggoty electronics with copper and silicon, all held together with a lead/tin alloy.

But first I suggest that he fixes his keyboard.

JimB

Last edited:
ALL I am going to build is a gameing style handle with rf remote controle in it. usb has nothing to do with the end project the origional question was can I convert an already made handle that had a usb system to an rf system you guys convinced me that that was too big af a job and I conceeded so I said I "I have decided to build my own ceruit but just in the name curiocity would a converter be fesable? I have read of converters that can slow down or speed up the signal " The cercuit I plan to build is a simple pcb to mount switches and run cercuit to an edge so it can be wired to a prebuilt multie channel transmitter. I dont know were that ranks on your scale of dificulty but I can do that.
I think you guys may have gottin cought up in the excitement of having someone to belittle

JIMB I do not beleive that the wold of electronics has anything to do with your sexual oriantation so go easy on your self and if I thought that this was going to be easy I wouldnt be doing . I have recently been pushed into this world and have found it both fasinating and adicting so dont think for one second think that I dont have all the respect in the world for those of you who chose to perfect your skills in it and as for my keyboard you got the point!

And for what it is worth those were not trivial things they were acomplishments just as this will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back