Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An pong game whithout an single semiconductor or vacum tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

http://www.cyberniklas.de/pongmechanik/video.html

This is an completly mechanical pong game,Its brain is made out of a bunch of releys.

The display is completly mechanical too.Its aculy white pecies of plastic that are moved by motors puling them on strings.

Today its way simpaler than that.You can make an pong game on a PC in minutes of simple programing.

If i wanted to make a pong game i wod use an cheap MCU or simple make an windows program that runs on a PC.

making such an mechanical tic tac toe game wod be quite a bit harder.

Yup, much easier to make a pong game on the computer...but wheres the fun in that? LOL
This is pretty neat. I'm not getting sound on the video, but I'm sure that this pong game is probably quite loud with all those relays clicking away.
~Mike

The cliking noise os probobly hiden by the ting and tong sounds of the ball bouncing.

It just cliks wen the motor changes direction and thats when the sounds go off.

He cod also add an mechanical music sistem to it (almost evry game has music!).Meaby using an drum that has bums in it an these bumps hit metal pads difrent lenth(for difrent tomes) and theyt cod make music.

Thats how thay did it on the past.

but still semiconductors rule!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back