Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

an old math book much easier to read than new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioRon

I have an old book called Calculus Made Easy, written by Silvanus P. Thompson. It is an entertaining book because of the style. The attached images might give you an idea of what I mean. This book was written in 1910. I recommend this book to others, if you can find one.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 390
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 582
RadioRon said:
I have an old book called Calculus Made Easy, written by Silvanus P. Thompson. It is an entertaining book because of the style. The attached images might give you an idea of what I mean. This book was written in 1910. I recommend this book to others, if you can find one.

Seems to be avalible from several sources:

https://books.google.com/books?id=BBIFtid-WdUC

Lefty

This is what comes from making assumptions. Since my copy is ancient, I assumed it was long out of print and unknown. Imagine my surprise when after I posted above, I checked on Abebooks and found out the thing has been in reprints for almost a century! I guess others found it as useful as I do.

Reactions: 3v0
That's pretty humorous. His style reminds me of the "Flashman" novels.

stickpin said:
Brilliant, this is exactly what i'm looking for at the moment!

im ordering this now

cheers for sharing

I hope the newer editions maintained that old style and old language. That's the best part.

Last edited:
Wow. I just had one of those moments where I realized I need something very badly, when 10 minutes ago I didn't know it existed. :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll be ordering this one for sure.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back