Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

an electric device that gives electric pulses

Status
Not open for further replies.

wado

Hi I’m not good at electronic and I have this small project.
I need to build a circuit that can give electric pulses using timers
I have LM 555cn timer
two resistor R1=180 kΩ R2=1 kΩ
tow capacitor C1=4.7µF C2=0.01µF
one LED
is this is the right components and how to connect them
thank you

Google is your friend. You will need a resistor (~470Ω) in series with the LED to limit its current so you dont damage it. The referenced circuit shows two LEDs; you only need one; either between V+ and pin3 or between pin 3 and ground.

Also if you use the 555 and read up on Vcontrol for it you can adjust the duration of the pulses. If I'm not mistaken doing this will be able to vary the intensity of the LED.(basically PWM) I forget exactly how it's done but by varying Vcontrol you change the comparitors inside the 555 which changes the duration of you pules set by the cap and two R's.

It would take a second 555 to modulate the brightness that way. If the OP really wants to vary the brightness of his LED, why not just put a rehostat in series with the LED inplace of the fixed resistor:D

agreed. That's probably the simplest way. :) Why would you need two 555's though? Don't mean to get off subject...just curious

agreed. That's probably the simplest way. :) Why would you need two 555's though? Don't mean to get off subject...just curious

One to set the flash rate of about 2 flashes per second, and the second to PWM the LED at a rate of 30-60 Hz(above the eye's flicker fusion rate).

Last edited:

one to generate pulses and the other one to vary the duty cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back