Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An easy question, I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskartha

Hi, there, I want to know if there is any fundamental difference between organic emissive displays and organic LED based displays? bit urgent if u dont mind.

the organic LED commonly known as the OLED is a great display technology. OLEDs emit light in a way quite different than the LCD displays we see today. if u have an LCD display and u change your viewing angle the display changes. so u have to sit right infornt of it. and the guy sitting at about an angle of 170-180 degrees will just be seeing a black screen. this is not the case with OLEDs. OLEDs emit light in all directions. and OLEDs are thinner than LCDs.

there are a number of variations of OLEDs like the FOLED that can be folded and the TOLED, well i dont remember what that does :lol:

i dont know about organic emissive displays. maybe its a new technology. or maybe just a new name for OLEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back