Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An alternative to POWER AMPLIFIER IC Sanyo LA4537M

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

I am going to set up one hearing aid circuit using POWER AMPLIFIER iC la4537m (see the attachment).

But in our locality this IC is rarely avail. Can anyone suggest any alternative ic to
la4537m so that I can directly replace on main circuit ?

Attachments

• LA4537M.PDF
    236.7 KB · Views: 516
There are many low voltage, low power stereo amplifier ICs available but probably not in India.

I would use a TDA2822M IC but only for the output IC. I would use a low voltage audio dual opamp for the input IC but I don't know any that work from a supply as low as only 3V.

Well..I'll never use a noisy 2822M in a hearing-aid circuit at all!

If the 4537M is not available, another option is to use a discrete transistor preamp + an LA4510(mono) at power section. This IC is available.

I doubt if anybody use this step in 2011 though :) and my suggestion is do not spend time on making this circuit even if the SMD 4537M is available because of the poor performance expected. Not worthy on the time and effort spent.

People who develop a hearing loss usually lose the high audio frequencies. Therefore a hearing aid must use equalization to boost high frequencies enough, not just amplify all audio frequencies.

People who develop a hearing loss fflose the high audio frequencies. Therefore a hearing aid must use equalization to boost high frequencies enough, not just amplify all audio frequencies.

I am just about deaf @ the age of 48 years. Terrible to not hear properly. And as Audioguru says, it's the high frequencies that are affected most.

Bummer

Cheers

Playing with guns usually destroys hearing.
I played with guns when I was a cadet at age 14 but I used hearing protection. Now I am 65 and I can still hear to 14kHz well.

When I was a teenager I could hear "ultrasonic" motion detectors loudly and clearly. "Nobody" could hear them so they were running all the time.

I wonder if a hearing aid blasts sounds so loudly that it destroys the remains of hearing?

surrounding sounds on hearing aid

I would use a TDA2822M IC but only for the output IC.

As per audioguru, I choose TDA2822M.

I can change its mono configuration to stereo easily,but- it can
only input through two channels only.

How can I configure a commercially available hearing aid circuit
that can absorb all surrounding sounds around patient within reasonable range ?

**broken link removed**

Another thing that bugs me now....

I work in a TV shop...the owner sells audio equipment as well (good stuff for the masses). Now that I cannot hear properly when he demonstrates stuff for potential customers I wanna freak out. Everything sounds so LOUD??

Fleetwood Mac Rumours (the first LP I ever bought) sounds terrible at volume now on demo with customers.
Do you think my hearing is truly fulcked or maybe it's become selective.

Seriously, I need to find answers.

Fulck, it is crappy to get old @ the age of 48.

Cheers folks
TV Tech

As per audioguru, I choose TDA2822M.

I can change its mono configuration to stereo easily,but- it can
only input through two channels only.
With mono the person cannot hear sounds from different directions. But if you want mono then use the circuit you show, or make a stereo amplifier and connect together its two inputs.

How can I configure a commercially available hearing aid circuit
that can absorb all surrounding sounds around patient within reasonable range?
Most hearing aids are directional so that they do not pickup background noises.

Most hearing aids boost only the frequencies that need boosting, usually boosting only high audio frequencies.

You posted your schematic that is too small to see details as a very fuzzy JPG file type instead of as a very clear PNG file type.
You posted it on an image hosting site where it will soon disappear instead of attaching it to your post here where it will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back