Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplitude to voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

prprog

Whats the name - How do you identify/called a circuit to convert amplitude (of an audio signal) to voltage?

I try to web search such a circuit using "amplitude to voltage circuit" but I don't found a circuit that can work on audio signals to be converted to voltage. What I need is a circuit that regarless of the frequency , it generates a voltage based on the amplitude of the audio signal. The frequency must not be part of the output voltage.

Thanks,

Whats the name - How do you identify/called a circuit to convert amplitude (of an audio signal) to voltage?

I try to web search such a circuit using "amplitude to voltage circuit" but I don't found a circuit that can work on audio signals to be converted to voltage. What I need is a circuit that regarless of the frequency , it generates a voltage based on the amplitude of the audio signal. The frequency must not be part of the output voltage.

Thanks,

hi,
Its called a 'precision rectifier'.

Attachments

• PrecRect2.gif
    PrecRect2.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 342
  • PrecRect1.gif
    PrecRect1.gif
    51 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Status