Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifying Voltage from a Photovoltaic cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul986

Hi,
1. Could anyone please give me a circuit that amplifies the 0.5mV(that comes from a photovoltaic cell) to somewhere around 1V or 2V. I know that it could be achieved through a Common Emitter amplifier but I should provide biasing Right! And that requires a 12V battery. What should I do when there is no battery with me and I have only the photovoltaic cell.
2. I've seen devices which amplify 20mV AC voltage to 2V. But how can I amplify 20mV DC voltage in the absence of other batteries.

You're joking, right?
You want an amplifier to have a gain of 2000 to 4000 and operate without a power supply?
Good luck.

What are you going to use the amplified voltage for? Maybe a much-higher-voltage solar cell would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back