Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifying an off-seted signal using a single supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

jta

I'm interested in developing a circuit that can amplify the output of an accelerometer, which will output a 200Hz band limited sinusoidal wave with an offset of about 1.65V. The amplitude of the sinusoid will vary from 0Vpp to 3.3Vpp.

I'm limited to a +4.2V single supply, and therefore cannot simply A/C couple the signal and amplify it from there.

My only idea so far is to A/C couple the signal and apply it to the input of a non-inverting summing amplifier, where it is summed with some reference voltage. However this would require 3 well matched resistors in order to maintain accuracy.

Is there such thing as a summing instrumentation amplifier, or some sort of other IC that can perform this function?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back