Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplify the sine wave of a bubba oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

maicael

i am building a bubba oscillator with C=100n and R= 31k to give a 50HZ sine wave.i tried simulating it on proteus isis but it does not work but i hear simulators are not to be trusted so am going ahead to build it in real life.
My question is this,when reading about bubba oscillator i read that we have to amplify the signal because of attenuation or something.
I want to ask after building the circuit how do i amplify the output signal before feeding it to a comparator for generating a PWM signal.also this simulation softwares are funny atimes.is there anyone with experience on them.any further advice will be appreciated.thanks

LTSpice sims it just fine... First attachment shows start-up where V(A) comes up to clipping.

Second attachment shows the various nodes in the steady-state (after the start-up period). Output V(E) would have the lowest harmonic distortion, but would have to be buffered if you intend to use it as an output.

Attachments

• Bubba.jpg
    Bubba.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 1,007
  • BubbaSS.jpg
    BubbaSS.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 712
Last edited:
thanks a lot but how do i buffer the output.

Here is one way: add a non-inverting amp with a gain of ≈4. V(F) is the buffered output. The amplitude can be adjusted to keep it from being clipped. This whole concept is based on the fact that the OpAmps are modern, CMOS rail-to-rail output (not 741s ;) )

If you dont care about picking the output with the lowest possible harmonic distortion, then use outputs B, C, or D directly (they are already buffered).

Attachments

• BubbaB.jpg
    BubbaB.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 1,300
What's the benefit of a "bubba" oscillator?

It looks like a phase shift oscillator, but done in a complex and parts heavy fashion compared to doing it the old way with one transistor and 3 caps?

What's the benefit of a "bubba" oscillator?

It looks like a phase shift oscillator, but done in a complex and parts heavy fashion compared to doing it the old way with one transistor and 3 caps?

Read page 17 of this TI App Note. Makes sense to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back