Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier design

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish to design an amplifier that amplifies an input of around 200mv to 2v using a 9v Vcc source using a single transistor amplifier. How should i consider it before i start?

I read through the books and all they gave me is formulas but i don't know how to start.

What frequency?

What load does the amplifier drive?

JimB

Does frequency really matter? Can't i just put a bandpass filter at the output of the amplifier?

What is the way to find out the load? the amplified signal will just be sent through a transistor to modulate.

Spectacular Butter said:
Does frequency really matter? Can't i just put a bandpass filter at the output of the amplifier?

Obviously it matters a great deal! - if this is a DC amplifier it will be very different to an audio amplifier, likewise an RF amplifier would be even more different. You don't give the slightest clue as to what it's for?.

You also don't mention if it's a pre-amplifier, or a power-amplifier, hence the other part of Jimb's question.

I presume you are already aware that a single transistor amplifier (depending on configuration) will probably invert your signal?. Again, it all depends what it's for!.

What is the way to find out the load? the amplified signal will just be sent through a transistor to modulate.

This doesn't make much sense, or tell us anything! - how about telling us what it's for, what it's fed from, and what it's feeding to - we might be able to make educated guesses then!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back