Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplifier circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working with this amplifier circuit attached .When I am giving supply to the circuit my mosfet is getting hot and burning out.Someone please suggest me solution for this.The coil from +30v to MOSFET is a choke coil.Thank you so much.

Attachments

• nnnn.jpg
    nnnn.jpg
    868.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
What exactly is the MOSFET in question?

I see 30 volts, an inductor and a MOSFET going to ground.

Ron

What kind of heatsink is the NFet bolted to? What is the DC resistance of the choke coil?
What is the drive level to the gate?

Man, you need a lot that just that. Refer any power electronics book ASAP!

Can you explain how the circuit is supposed to work or what you're intending it to do?
The inductor is probably saturating, meaning that only its DC resistance is limiting the current through the MOSFET - that's probably not what you want to happen. If you want to use its inductance to limit the current you'll need to make sure the MOSFET's off for long enough for the inductor current to fall. You'll also probably want a diode across the inductor to stop the back EMF spike damaging the MOSFET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back