Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier analysis question

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckless

I'm currently studying for an exam where we have to do small/large signal analysis. I know that gm is the mutual conductance and that re is the reciprocal of gm but how do I calculate re when I dont know what gm is? Ive been looking at various examples and it always seems to be re=25mV/Ie. Is this always the case?

Last edited:
I'm currently studying for an exam where we have to do small/large signal analysis. I know that gm is the mutual conductance and that re is the reciprocal of gm but how do I calculate re when I dont know what gm is? Ive been looking at various examples and it always seems to be re=25mV/Ie. Is this always the case?

hi,
Its a low current 'constant', look at this link.:)

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back