Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplification question

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddy_uk

it's been along time since i did anything like this so please bear with me

i want to amplify tones between 500hz and 3000hz, anything else i would like to filter out, where should i start?

i am using an inductive amplifier to identify when tones between 500hz and 3000hz are present on an audio cable. i cant make contact with the cable hence the use of an inductive amplifer.

On detecting the presence of a tone between 500hz and 3000hz i need to provide an output suitable for a device with 1.5v - 4.5v nominal voltage range and current 175mA, its a little motor.

hope this explains abit more about the project, thanks for your replys

OK, a bandpass filter then, or a highpass filter (at 500Hz) followed by a lowpass one (at 3000hz). Bear in mind filters don't instantly chop everything off, they roll the response off at so many dB's per octave.

OK, a bandpass filter then, or a highpass filter (at 500Hz) followed by a lowpass one (at 3000hz). Bear in mind filters don't instantly chop everything off, they roll the response off at so many dB's per octave.

thanks for that nigel, im slowly gettin there

im at the level of pickin up a soldering iron and thats about it, i wouldn't know where to start, specifying components etc... any pointers for circuit diagrams?? apart from the filters what would i need to provide an 'ouput' when a tone between 500hz and 3000hz is 'heard'

many thanks!

Last edited:
thanks for that nigel, im slowly gettin there

im at the level of pickin up a soldering iron and thats about it, i wouldn't know where to start, specifying components etc... any pointers for circuit diagrams??

There are various tools on the net for designing active filters, here's one at MicroChip

**broken link removed**

apart from the filters what would i need to provide an 'ouput' when a tone between 500hz and 3000hz is 'heard'

Easiest way would be an amplifier and a pair of headphones, or a speaker.

thanks for the reply...

ive been on the website and registered, but im afraid i just dont understand any of it its all too techy for me

can anyone point me in the right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back