Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amperes

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 times it's normal running current, you don't need a calculator to show you something bad is going to happen for that...
As far as frying or actual physical failure goes it's a matter of power dissipation, and in the case of a semi conductor junction based on it's junction temperature. So what any particular type of device can withstand as far as surges go is highly dependent on the actual device. Some are designs specifically, (such as MOVs) to gobble up single pulses of possibly incredible energy, but they can't sustain any more average power than any other type of device can.

NOOb, if you're gonna be on these forums, grow a thick skin, and fast.. No one will be nice to you because you're new unfortunately no matter how much you want to learn. Atempting to converse or argue with a person that doesn't want to show you something is a waste of time in every respect, they clearly stated their unwillingness to help, questioning that will get your no more willingness to help.

audiooguru, the users name is actually Noob... And you have to ask like your incredulity is going to somehow be vindicated? This is an online forum, it only ever gets worse :)

audiooguru, the users name is actually Noob... And you have to ask like your incredulity is going to somehow be vindicated? This is an online forum, it only ever gets worse :)

We used to talk intellegently about fairly complicated electronic circuits here.
Now that school is back in session there seems to be too many nOObs asking extremely simple questions about the basics.

This is the caveat of aging. Everything around us advances even if we do not wish it to, and it will do so regardless of our desire for it to stay the same.

Last edited:
This is the caveat of aging. Everything around us advances even if we do not wish it to, and it will do so regardless of our desire for it to stay the same.

Sceadwian, The more things change, the more they stay the same :D

By the way, people here aways helped me, and treated me respectfully. Even if I asked the most stupid questions, using bad english. I'm very grateful for that.

PS: Maybe avoiding the use of "pliiiz" "prj" "thxs" and another abominable abbreviations helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back