Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ampere

Status
Not open for further replies.

anikn08

i am trying to make a mobile phone battery charger from a solar cell. but the Isc of Solar cell is about 87mA. nd Voc is 6.7V. now, if the batter requires more current, than this, wil it still get charged if i connect it whd d solar cell?? and what affect does it cause if we connect a component which require more current than the connected source. plz reply soon. bta

It will still charge the battery, but it may take a long time to fully charge.

The current from the solar panel is 87mA only when it is shorted and probably only at noon. The current is less in the morning and in the late afternoon and evening. Um, the current is zero at night and nearly zero on cloudy days.
When the solar panel charges a battery then it is not shorted so its current will be less.

If you use a low current to charge a battery then the charging time will be longer.

thanks for d replies. so it wil only charge the battery in more time. wil it affect the battery in some or the other ways??? and is there any way by which i can increase the current from the solar panel???

If the battery is a lithium type and you over-charge it then it might catch on fire. But maybe the charging and protection circuits are inside the phone.

You can increase the current from the solar panel by placing it closer to the sun, maybe on the planet Murcury. Or use a bigger solar panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back