Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AMP 5034-231 steppers, any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint

Hi,
I have some stepper motors which I cant find any info on. The only markings on the case is AMP (which looks like it could be the manufacturer but I cannot find any such company on the web) 5034-231 and Made in Japan. There's 8 wires coming out of it and the body is 2 1/2" long and 3" in diameter and a 10mm diameter shaft (it's the type with the shaft out both ends). If anyone has any info please share.

Thanks
Splint

With 8 wires that means each coil is wound idependantly which means you can hook it up any way you want, unipolar, bipolar series, or bipolar parallel.

Got datasheets for you here... I've got one of these with the shaft on only one side, but I need to have it on both sides, so that I can fit a brake to it. Lucky you :(

Attachments

• Stepmotor.pdf
    48.4 KB · Views: 359
  • Stepmotor2.pdf
    238.6 KB · Views: 409
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back