Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AM TRANSCEIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmena

Guys,

Can someone tell me where I can get a project or guidance for this project?

I need to make an AM transmitter and receiver.

The Transmitter has the following Blocks

Voltage
Oscillator
||
\/ ///
Transmit--->Mixer--->Device--->Amplitude--->Antenna----~
Carrier Buffer Modulated \\\
Oscillator Power
Amplifier
/\
||
Audio
Microphone--->Amplifier

The Receiver has the following Blocks

\\\_///
|
|
\/
Antenna
||
\/
Filter
||
\/
RF Amplifier
||
\/ ////
Mixer--->Filter--->IF Amplifier--->Product--->AF Amplifier-->||~
\\\\
Speaker

The frequency I get at the antenna has to be at 4Mhz and it has to be amplified and mixed with the frequency of the oscillator.

RE-POST

I am attaching a better image of what I need to create...thanks

Attachments

• am_trasceiver.jpg
    am_trasceiver.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 301
You haven't filled your location in, so I've no idea where in the world you might be!.

But in the USA the ARRL are the national Amateur Radio organisation, and in the UK the RSGB are. Both of these publish books on the subject, I would suggest those as a place to start.

However, AM hasn't been used much for a great many years, so I'm not sure how much AM stuff might be in modern issues.

There are two basic methods of AM modulation, one (the older one) uses a high power audio amplifier and a transformer to modulate the RF power amplifier. The other (more modern) one modulates the carrier at a low signal level - this is then amplified using linear power amplifier stages.

There have been various old designs where the output stage is modulated via the cathode of the output valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back