Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AM receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ua741

I am working on an AM receiver. I need a carrier detector. I have designed some circuits , but they do not work properly. The carrier frequency is about 455 KHZ and the message

Is about 2 KHZ . I need a carrier detector that detect the 2 KHZ wave. May you suggest a detector please? Thank you

The American Radio Relay League publishes numerous books including the Handbook for Radio Communications. You will find some of the information you need there if you can get a copy. ARRL website may have some information.

Use a bandpas filter and tune it to 2 kHz Use a cap to get a voltege that defines the aplitude of the 2 kHz freq.

Dont ask for a sheamtic.Its simple enugh.

455kHz is commonly used as IF in AM receivers. Detectors (demodulators) are simple rectifier using germanium diode
and simple rc low pass filter. That would get rid of IF signal
(455kHz) and provide only AF (usually up to 0-5kHz).
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/amfmdet.html
**broken link removed**
etc. just use google to look for "AM demodulator" or "AM detector".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back