Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AM and FM modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you study how TV works then?, in particular bandwidth requirements and Vestigal SideBand reduced Carrier. Also look up intercarrier sound.

Where more bandwidth is available (on analogue satellite) FM is used for the picture.

I read that in my book,FM is used for audio signals because of low bandwidth , and AM for picture because it has a high bandwidth , how come then ? . If AM is better why i didnt use it for sound also like picture ? that's my question...

That's the wrong way round, FM takes up a LOT more bandwidth, which is why AM was used - and check the other part of my previous post about VSB.

Incidently, the original UK TV (the first in the world) used AM sound as well, and lasted until the 1980's or so?.

Hi Ahmedragia21,

Nigel forgot to mention that in a television transmitter one sideband
is almost completely suppressed.
They can do that because both side bands contain the same information.
By doing so they reduce the bandwith to almost 50 %.

on1aag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back