Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ALWAYS read the small print!

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
Always read the small print! So first of all two things you should do , 1)always read the everything on a document and 2) always read a document in a reasonable time period!!

I was offered a early place at uni subject to several caveats, the advantage was not having to sit the normal 'Highers' before trotting off to uni thus saving me two whole years of school study!
Except I read the entire document today as I have been talking to head of house operations (HOHO) AKA MUM, about the pro's and con's of going this route.

What I didnt know (because I didnt read the small print) was i will actually be going to school.............only not my normal school.

It looks like I will have to attend a school with connections to the university (a local feeder school) for several lesson a week, what isnt clear is what I will actually be doing at this school and what the point of going is! Also it dosnt mention if the strict dress code of the school (its well known school) will apply and if it does apply will i have to also wear this at the uni. The other thing that is clear as dark mud is do I get to choose the course I go on or are they offering a certain course/courses I can take!

Its on paper or I would post the document, and before anyone mentions scanners I should mention the following..........

Scanners are cheap, we have several. They also contain a number of useful parts like motors (2 types!) encoders and various other really useful parts. What I am trying to say we dont normally have fully working scanners for long:sorry: they are too rich in good parts :stop:.

Anyway looks like I need to0 call the guy that looked like Doctor spock with attitude up and ask him what the deal is. Not sure I how I feel about it all at the moment, I am aware I could be under time pressure, while university fees are not paid in Scotland at the moment, this could well change in the next 2-3 years.
So staying at school to go to uni later on might not be a good choice, its a really hard choice that just gets harder the more I look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back