Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

alternertiv to CTF1389-A ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ross2

Is there anyone who can help with a data sheet on the following component CTF1389-A since I am in search of a alternertiv component.

regards
ross

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, CTF1389/CTF1389-A was Pioneer's part number for a small coil used mainly in various Pioneer audio products. I do not know the value but it is usually used in line with VCC &/or Data/reset lines to any number of processors used in the unit.--more likely as a filter and not very critical to the operation if jumpered.

That's right, it's a COIL / Inductor sitting in my pioneer car radio in the connection with aux input, but I'm missing a value?

Greetings
ross

Last edited:
Looks like audio in. The coil is on the ground lead and on the audio lines.
It will work to short out the coil. I assume you broke the coil. Just short it out with a piece of wire.

Thanks for the many replys

My question was not how I repaired my radio.
But the value of CTF1839-A?

regards
ross

Ross,

Not sure why you want to know the value if the unit does not have any problem? As it has been mentioned by several posters, it is NOT a critical part.
When I used to deal with consumer electronics, I saw the specific coil used on many Pioneer audio products and the main purpose is to act as a filter without any operational effect if jumpered.
Short of taking one out and measuring the value, you can use the XL=2∏fL formula to guesstimate what the value should be; the idea is to provide a block to undesireable noise(if any) while allowing your actual signal to go through---and don't forget the current draw if you are using it with power supply line. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back