Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alternatives to the 16F628A with debug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi,

I am about to buy a PICKIT3 programmer and I will be using this with a CCS compiler. I have used the 16f628A for my schematic but I am told I need a PIC with "Debug" which will allow me to step through the code.

Could anyone please tell me if there is a pic which has the same pin outs as the 16F628A but also has a debug function.

James

Thank you, that looks like a very good match. I wasnt able to verify that it has debug, I couldnt find the information on microchip.

Is there anything major I should be aware of, aside from the different UART pins?

It's got A/D & MSSP too. Really nice little PIC actually.

Power & programming pins are identical to the 16F628A

Last edited:
There more ways to debug then one You can find where your program stops running with a led dump code to uart

Mplab sim works with 16f628 you can single step your code, break points, stop watch , read the register's.

Hey guys. Can't you also find devices which are supported by the PICKIT3 "debugger" by looking in the <Configure> menu and <Select Device> sub-menu in MPLAB?

Last edited:
Thanks Mike that's good tip and the 16f682a is debug-able with a pickit2 didn't no that.

Attachments

• sure_can.PNG
    sure_can.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 188
Thasts surprising, so the PIC16F628A can actually be debugged and programmed with the PICKIT3 using the CCS compiler, in the same way as the 16F88? In that respect is there any need to actually change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back